Monday, January 3, 2011

UFO Encounters Book 1978


In a recent ebay lot of magazines I bought there were also 3 books.  One of those books is UFO Encounters, it was published by Scholastic Book Services and copyright is 1978.

I had never heard to this book.  Being that it is published by Scholastic Book Services, I assume it was written for children.  It is a thin little book, only 80 pages, but it is quite well done with lots of photos and covering some of the most well known cases of the time.  It doesn't try to explain anything, it leaves it up to the reader whether or not they want to believe it.

One of the photos in this book:


According to the book, this photo was snapped by a boy in Utica, NY, in April 1966 and the flaming object was seen by thousands.  I wanted to know more about that and if there were any other photos so I googled, but really found nothing not even a copy of that photo, which is why I am posting it here.  It very much reminds me of the "Norway Spiral."  I don't think it is a spaceship of any kind, most likely some sort of rocket/weapon test.

1 comment:

  1. Hmm it seems like your site ate my first comment (it was super long) so I guess I'll just sum it up what I had written and say, I'm thoroughly enjoying your blog. I as well am an aspiring blog blogger but I'm still new to the whole thing. Do you have any tips and hints for inexperienced blog writers? I'd really appreciate it.

    ReplyDelete